Local rabbit- and rescue-friendly stores
If you are supporting animal rescue by adopting your next family pet, make sure you get your supplies from rescue-friendly shops and stores. Here are some things to look for:
- Ideally, shop at stores that don’t sell animals. Most animals in pet stores come from breeders.
- If you are shopping at a pet supplies store that sells animals, ask where the store gets them. Some stores have a relationship with rescue organizations and house some of their animals for adoption to get them increased exposure.
- If your favorite store does not source their animals for sale from local rescues, suggest it! It may be that they just don’t know that option is available.
online rabbit supply resources
There are many online outlets for bunny supplies, toys, food, and medications. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Binky Bunny supplies and toys
- Bunny Bytes: supplies and toys
- Funny Bunny Toy Company: toys and chews
- Leith Petwerks: housing, supplies, toys, etc.
- Oxbow Animal Health: food, hay and supplements
- The Busy Bunny: supplies and toys
your best choices for hay
Since hay is the most important aspect of your bunny’s diet, you can be choosy! Check out these online hay suppliers:
- American Pet Diner – Eureka, NV
- Bingaling Bunnybox – Media, PA
- Bunny Bale – Covington, VA
- Farmer Dave’s Pet Products – Orchard Park, NY
- Kleenmama’s Hayloft – Reardan, WA
- Oxbow Animal Health – Murdock, NE
- Organic Hay Co. – Berkshire, NY
- Small Pet Select – Ellensburg, WA
- Sweet Meadow Farm – Sherborn, MA